Branded Merchandise Manager
Title: Branded Merchandise Manager
Date: February, 2015
Location: Kansas City
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: Branded Merchandise Director
Next Level Supervisor Title: Chief Marketing Officer
This position will promote and support the sales growth of all Promotional Products, corporate apparel and related items. Manage and carry out procurement of promotional products and assigned other projects. Train, mentor, and team with Promotions Specialists to harvest the maximum amount of business from customers and prospects. Grow sales and margins in the promotional product code.
- Sourcing, pricing, samples, quote generation, order administration and expediting of Promotional Products.
- Develop and grow supplier base.
- Train, mentor, and advise Promotions Specialists.
- Research, design and source client requests for major promotions.
- Working with Account Managers, provide support for inventory and resupply management of Promotional Products.
- Meet directly with clients as requested by sales.
- Attend regional and national trade shows.
- Maintain storage and sample areas.
- Obtain, maintain, and distribute marketing catalogs and other sales materials for promotional products for the corporation.
- Design, schedule, and conduct sales meetings with Sales Representatives and Account Managers in all offices to introduce hot products, samples and provide updates on the industry.
- Maintain orders and sales metrics and chart for assign product codes.
- Manage sample requests and minimize sample expense to company.
- Establish credit with new suppliers and manage all credit card transactions.
- Facilitate efficient order entry and invoicing, including troubleshooting and open order resolution.
- Assist Account Managers in the maintenance of Company Stores.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- 4-6 years branded merchandise experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new information in customer-facing scenarios.
- Must be independent, self-motivated and success-driven.
- Must be willing to work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including database maintenance, and reports generation (strong knowledge with MS Excel).
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a team or independently.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking.
- Demonstrated Innovative ability.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects/ initiatives of a time sensitive nature.
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
Relationships & Roles:
- Pursue continuous education and ASI certification.
- Team with Account Managers, sales staff, and others focused on product group.
Work in an office environment in close proximity to coworkers (cubicle environment).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Send Your Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org