Account Manager- Texas
Title: Account Manager-Texas
Date: September, 2014
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: Client Services Manager
Department: Client Services
Next Level Supervisor Title: Sr. Director, Client Services
Position Purpose: The Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The AM is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to assigned accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization. In addition, the AM will develop and maintain long-term relationships with existing clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The AM facilitates client meetings, communicates internal and external opportunities and moves projects forward in a timely manner. An AM has a set goal or quota and is responsible for exceeding it.
Job duties and accountabilities:
- Works with Client Services Manager to organically grow revenue of existing account in accordance with business objectives and exceeding set annual quotas for revenue and profit.
- Manages an assignment base of one or more clients.
- Develops relationships with clients to solicit feedback and to enhance quality of delivered service.
- Conducts reviews with accounts on a regular basis to evaluate client requirements and business goals, determine types of products and services that apply to the client’s needs as well as the objectives of the organization.
- Communicates directly with the client through face-to-face meetings, phone calls and emails.
- Develops and maintains well-coordinated internal relationships with key decision makers within the organization.
- Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution and compliance on client deliverables and revenue.
- Reviews all major objectives to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met and/or exceeded.
- Works closely with the project team to maintain continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Ensures that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met and that projects are profitable.
- Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business, involving internal support as needed.
- Communicates the client’s goals and represents the client’s interests to the team.
- Provides regular two-way communication between the client and team to provide strong representation and set proper client expectations.
- Understands company capabilities and services, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
- Provides regular input on all account activity, including status and metrics reports.
- Demonstrates strong hands-on experience with a variety of basic computer programs; internet research tools and project management tools (Microsoft Office suites, on-line CRM tools).
- Demonstrates business aptitude in understanding margin and profit calculations.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced office.
- Strong internal customer service skills; ability to respond in a prompt, efficient manner or as outlined in the client’s Service Level Agreement.
- Possess traits of ambition, competitive spirit and optimistic attitude.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or Marketing.
- Familiarity working within fast-paced, growth-oriented business environment.
- Possesses high level of print production knowledge with detailed understanding of different techniques.
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance client relationships.
- Displays excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as solid presentation skills.
- Prioritizes with attention to detail; extremely detailed oriented.
- Displays an entrepreneurial business spirit and thrives in a rapid growth-oriented, nimble environment where change is the norm.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Experience in client-facing role.
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment.
Position works in an office environment in close proximity to coworkers (cubical environment).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Send Us Your Resume