Account Manager, Branded Merchandise- Kansas City, MO
Title: Account Manager, Branded Merchandise
Date: May, 2016
Location: Kansas City
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: Senior Account Manager
Department: Client Services
Next Level Supervisor Title: Vice President, Client Services
This position meets revenue quotas sustaining and growing our branded merchandise client partnerships. Role requires anticipation, attention to detail and ability to multitask; moving from project to project. The Account Manager needs to be able to respond quickly to establish solid partnerships and trust with both primary supplier partners as well as with the client stakeholders.
- Follows the policies and procedures outlined in the Client Services Certification Program.
- Manages both client and supplier relations and expectations for assigned accounts; negotiating program and project pricing, timelines and execution.
- Sources, prices and procures selected branded merchandise items from ASI industry suppliers, custom and OEM manufacturers per the strategic directive for assigned clients.
- Manages the project and task management tools for each assigned client program, project and/or event.
- Utilizes company systems and process to facilitate flawless merchandise delivery against each project’s goals.
- Utilizes experience and knowledge of client history along with retail, branded merchandise and promotional products and services to develop additional sales opportunities and to improve margins/account profitability.
- Prepares and leads weekly account/team meetings.
- Works directly with the Branded Merchandise Specialist to continue to enhance the account development, strategy and execution planning.
- Conducts in professional manner at all times while working to instill a positive work environment
- Consistently meet project deadlines.
- Responsible for end-to-end follow up on all assigned projects.
- Responsible for providing the highest level of customer service possible.
- Strives to provide knowledge and deliver service that exceeds client expectations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field equivalent work-related experience.
- 3-5+ years Account Management or Business Development experience.
- Creativity and experience in product and/or concept development.
- Excellent customer service and client relationship skills.
- Excellent client presentation skills.
- Account Management for branded merchandise and/or promotional products execution and programs.
- Limited travel.
- Retail merchandising experience a plus but not required.
- Branded merchandise product sourcing and supplier negotiations skills preferred.
Job skills and Traits:
- Consistently demonstrates ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise.
- Works well with and demonstrates respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contributes to a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Displays excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written skills.
- Establishes strong collaborative client relationships both internally and externally.
- Prioritizes projects and remains flexible to meet changing project needs.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates strong hands-on experience with a variety of basic computer programs, internet research tools and project management tools (Microsoft Office suites, on-line CRM tools).
- Demonstrates math aptitude in understanding margin and profit calculations.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned timeframe.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial business spirit and thrives in a rapid growth-oriented, nimble environment where change is the norm.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced office.
- Strong internal customer service skills; ability to respond in a prompt efficient manner or as outlined in the client’s Service Level Agreement.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of new programs quickly.
- Ability to articulate clearly, be creative and personable.
- Possess traits of ambition, competitive spirit and optimistic attitude.
- Very detailed oriented and diligent.
Send Your Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org